Just when you think you know something about deliverability, you get a huge curveball.
I was just reading through a list of 5 big myths about email deliverability.
Here’s what they claim and I am going to continue to monitor these claims. I am sure some email marketing salesman will use statements such as these in typical Fear Uncertainty Doubt based sales approach.
The claims include:
- Text emails don’t matter.
- In email clicks don’t matter. (Note: the support for this says only they don’t track what exactly they click on, not that they don’t track at all).
- Subject line content doesn’t matter. They only matter if they lead to a negative action.
- It’s not who you know. I disagree with this one as some ISPs still maintain direct contacts with many of the top ESPs. Just because doesn’t, doesn’t mean relationships don’t matter.
- The unsubscribe link doesn’t have to be prominent, just present. Cool ;-).